Monday, August 20, 2012

A Glimpse of Manila in Bourne Legacy

My boyfriend and I were supposed to watch "Bourne Legacy" last week but were not able to do so because he had to finish some assignments for school. So after waiting for another week, we finally got to see it yesterday.



I was excited about the movie not because I was able to follow the previous installments of Bourne films with Matt Damon in the lead but because I was looking forward to seeing my beloved city Manila in a Hollywood  Movie. After watching this film, I was really intrigued by the story of the other films that I will really watched those when it will be shown again on cable.

Some people commented that the movie portrayed Manila as dirty, crowded and unpleasant.  Well, I don't take offense in that because Manila is really like that in reality, plus in one scene they shoot in the poor section of the city so what could we expect.  But for me, the movie also showed how colorful and alive the city is.

I know most tourists would skip Manila for the more beautiful places in the Philippines like Boracay, Bohol and for the other thousand islands this country has to offer because of the not so beautiful aspect of the city.  I am blessed to have live in the more cleaner and pollution -free residential area of Quezon City but Manila to me is filled with so much history, and it has a unique culture that you can never find anywhere in the world. I wish that we could bring back Manila to its glory in the not so distant past.

I really liked the part of the movie where they showed Manila's skyline by night it was really beautiful and of course the final scene in Palawan.  Palawan is really a paradise here on Earth. It's in my bucket list of places I want to visit in the very near future.

The movie was really action-packed and it had a spectacular motorcycle chase scene in the streets of Manila that was really wonderfully orchestrated.  My boyfriend and I kept commenting what part of Metro Manila was being shown in that motorcycle scene.  Hehehe.... if you knew your way around Manila, you'll know that it was one long chase scene that started in Manila passing through Jones Bridge than they were already in Marikina and from Marikina they were already in Malabon.  I also liked that they feature the colorful jeepney in the chase scene.  I wish that the police like in the movie would be as fast in responding to their call of duty.:)

My boyfriend lived in Marikina and he was stuck in the big, chaotic traffic cause by the shooting of the movie on the way to our house to visit me.  It took him three hours to get to our place when it would normally just take him 30 minutes.

The movie had a great story build-up but I think it was quite short.  And also you were so hyped by all the scenes and then after that you'll realized that it was the end already.

But overall, it's still a good movie to watch.

There's a talk that in Bourne 5 they'll put Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner in the movie together and that is something I would really like to see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...