Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dinner Time


At the end of a busy workday, I always looked forward to a wonderful meal served at our house during dinnertime. Dinner at our house would always be a vegetable dish and a serving of fish. But even if the meal is that simple I enjoy eating at home.

I love dinnertime because everyone in the family is present at the dinner table; meals are eaten slowly, which is very different compared to eating breakfast where everyone has to take it hurriedly. Dinner is the chance for us, family members to exchange stories, to express opinions on certain topics, to tease one another and to make important decision as a family in between chewing food. Dinner would last for at least forty minutes not because there are so many things to eat but because there are so many things to say, no one would like to stand up and leave right away.

Around the dinner table, the warmth of love of my father and siblings envelops me and nothing can beat that; I feel recharged after a long and tiring day.

I know that there will come a time when either of my siblings or even I have to leave home and start having a family of our own, so I cherish this chance to be with them while I still can.

1 comment:

AiDiSan said...

to eat and share the food with the whole family is something I experienced when I was still single and even up to now that I'm already married.

even if you have the simplest food on top of the table, it becomes extra special when eaten with the family.

will add you in my blogroll. happy sunday:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...