Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Being a Blessing to Others

My prayer this morning was that people I meet today will be blessings for me and I in turn become blessings to them as well.
As I alighted from the jeep I rode on my way to work, a lady in her early fifties, approached me to ask for directions because she alighted from the wrong jeepney stop. Since my way is the same as where she's supposed to get her new ride I accompanied her to the place instead of just directing it to her. It was a long walk so the lady and I began a conversation from which I learned that she came from San Mateo and that she was on her way to Sangandaan, Caloocan to ask help from relatives living there.
As we ( the lady and I ) neared the highway, a blind man standing near the street curb was asking people if they will be kind enough to cross him to the other side of EDSA. I sensed another person needed my help,I then brought the lady to the bus stop, pointed the bus she was supposed to ride and went back to where the blind man was so I can be of service to him as well. I then guided the man as we crossed the highway and asked him where he was going. He told me he needed a bus ride to Tambo where he works. Before leaving him I hailed the bus for him and help him to get inside the bus.
I feel extra blessed this morning, two good deeds accomplished one after the other!
The people I encountered this morning were blessings to me because it is a wonderful experience to help complete strangers and I am thankful to the Lord for giving me a chance to be a source of grace to others as well.
Have an amazing day!
Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...