Thursday, May 25, 2006

Morning Cheer

While commuting to work this morning, I observed the people inside the jeep with me;these people were grumpy, sluggish and tired. No one was kind enough to pass the fare of a lady from the far end of the jeep to the driver. Others were staring blankly to space and some were frowning. “I’m bored with my job, “ or “I can’t believe I’m still working with this terrible company,” or “Two more days to go and I off for a long rest,”were written all over their faces. Well honestly, there were also days when I have the same thoughts they were having.

I realized while observing them, why begin the day with a heavy heart? Surely, there are a lot of things to perk me and make me embrace the day with so much energy and enthusiasm. So I shifted my thoughts from observing people to thinking about things I am grateful for.

These are just some of the things I reflected on:

I have a long good night sleep.

I woke up to a new day in the comfort of my room.

I have a job and I am on my way to work. I can just imagine the person who is out of work for several months or even years – how frustrated he/she may be feeling right now.

Yet’s email. After my morning quiet time with the Lord, the next thing I do is to read Yet’s email. For someone in a LDR, emails are very important. It’s a must for me to know how things are from his side of the globe and the assurance that he is okey.

Breakfast prepared by Papa. I have the most loving father in the world. He never grow tired of taking care of me and my siblings. ( My Father deserves a longer entry which I am reserving for Father’s Day.)

And my list can go on and on……

What a better way to jumpstart my day but with grateful thoughts.

So friends, don’t forget to smile and choose to be thankful and happy.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...