Thursday, January 20, 2011

Memo


I've posted the memo I've received from the Human Resources Department at the side of my office's computer's monitor. A reminder that I should be serious in finding a new job.

The memo served as a wake-up call to me that working in this company for ten years is enough service and that I should be in the look out for new job prospects.

This is only the second time that I've received a memo from the HR Department and I admit that I feel bad because I don't think that the observation one person had about my work merits this memo. I think that the issues raised are minor ones, that a verbal reminder is sufficient to address the flaws presented to me.

I've already written my letter in answer to the memo.

I want to resign from work now but that is not possible until I find a new one because of financial concerns.

I would really love it that instead of answering the memo, I could just have handed my resignation letter instead. But that would be wishful thinking for now.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Well thats just lousy. In these economic times I'm afraid bosses are taking huge advantage of their employee's because they know they can get away with it.. I do hope you find another job soon so you can put this one behind you. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...