Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Grandfather's Blessings








With regards to the book challenge I've started this year, I have finished four books already and these are: "Emma," by Jane Austen, "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea," by Jules Vernes, "King of Torts," by John Grisham and "The Golden Road," by Lucy Maud Montgometry. I'm at the moment reading "Fearless," by Max Lucado but I'm reading it in a slower phase because the book is packed with so much beautiful insights, I want to savor every word I read from the book. It's like, I'm finished reading a page but I can't move on to the next because I have to re-read the page again, this book has that effect on me.


Knowing that I wont be finished with the book I'm presently reading for this month, I decided to scout for a new one to read while I was at the mall last Sunday.
I got "My Grandfather's Blessings," by Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D. from Booksale for only P40.00. On the cover of the book it says that its a book filled with stories of strength, refuge and belonging.


I started reading my new book this morning and I have a feeling I need to get a new book for this month's reading challenge again because "My Grandfather's Blessings," has the same effect on me as that of "Fearless." I end up re-reading the entire page to fully grasp the wealth of inspiration that it has. I know I will not be able to finish reading this in a month's time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...