Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vacation Mode: ON


Yey! In a few hours from now I'll be on vacation mode. Maundy Thursday and Good Friday are observed as official holidays here in the Philippines.

My father is leaving for Bataan late this afternoon for a vacation at my aunt's rest house by the beach while my siblings and I will be left here in the city.

I promised myself that I'll be observing a more solemn Holy Week this year. Last Monday, I attended a Lenten Recollection with Fr. Jerry Orbos at our parish. Tonight, one of the stations of the cross will be placed in our house so I'll have a chance to pray the stations of the cross with the members of our community. And for Thursday and Friday - I'll be in church too to attend the services for those days.

When I'm not in church, I'll be busy cleaning the house and preparing it for Easter Sunday. Aside from cleaning and rearranging the house I've prepared also our menu for our Easter Feast.

I know a lot of Filipinos will be out of town for the long break, I just wish everyone to be safe and to take the time to reflect on God's great love for us.

1 comment:

Dorothy Rimson said...

Nice Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...