Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009


It was a truly blessed and happy Christmas for me and my family!

On the eve of December 24 because I was still recovering from my sickness I only prepared ham, queso de bola ( edam cheese ball ) and vegetable salad for the family to eat.

The following day, Christmas Day, my family went to church and attended the Christmas service of our parish.

After the mass since I was feeling a lot better, I took care of our lunch and prepare our food for our Christmas feast. My youngest brother and his girlfriend helped me in cooking.


These are the food that we had for Christmas.........

Roasted Chicken ( a family recipe )

Carbonara ( my own recipe )

( Vegetable Salad )
I forgot to take a picture of our dessert which is our home made refrigerator cake.

Our Christmas feast.....

I've eaten so much.....I must have added another pound to my weight. I must shed the extra weight I've added during the holidays. I hope dieting and exercise works for me but if it doesn't I might need a Liposuction already.

But aside from the food on our table, what makes Christmas happy for me and my family is the presence of one another. We may have a lot of food on our table but when one member is missing, Christmas is still incomplete.

Our family is grateful to God for all the blessings he had showered upon each and every member of our family and we are thankful that He has blessed us most specially with a loving and happy family.

5 comments:

anne said...

wow ang daming handa ah hehehehea

onlinewriter said...

Wow, sarap ng salad. merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Laura said...

That reminds me of when my sister and her husband lived in the Dominican Republic. I went down to visit them and we made some great dinners there with what we picked up from the local market and what kitchen equipment she had. It was a lot of fun. Kind of mis it now. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

cornyman said...

Very delicious meals which you have prepared for your family.

I hope you can get rid of your "extra pounds" naturally but it seems that Christmas is always a one time event in gaining weight (especially for women ;))

Belated Merry Christmas!

A CMF Spiky :)

Gorgeous MUM said...

I am 2 days late, but still . . . Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...