Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Morning Reflection

Yesterday, I went to the office feeling tired and lazy. I was thinking how long and busy that day would be. But at the same time, I was trying to cheer myself up and I said to myself that I should love my work, there are a lot of people who are jobless right now who would love to trade places with me.

Because I wanted to motivate myself to work joyfully, I opened my email to check for my weekly soul food newsletter from Bo Sanchez.

Bo Sanchez is a favorite lay preacher of mine. He is an author of many inspiring books, founder and one of the writers of Kerygma magazine, leader of the Catholic Community –Light of Jesus.

The mail was entitled “We Lost Our Baby.”

Bo Sanchez’ wife Marowe, had a miscarriage. It was her third miscarriage. He was waiting at one corner of the operating room when the doctor approached him to let him see the dead baby in the palm of the hand of the doctor. Bo Sanchez, got his holy water and baptized the baby and gave it the name Mikki.

He was devastated and so is his wife. But he wrote in the newsletter that he choose to trust God, that there is a reason that God already called baby Mikki. That in his faith he will not question God’s purpose because God’s ways are far higher, superior than that of ours.

It was a powerful message for me.

I have been praying for months for a particular intention it has something to do with Boyet’s career advancement. Sadly, we received the news that he did not get the career advancement we were hoping for. I was so heartbroken and so is Boyet, we’ve been praying and working hard for it and then we did not get what we want.

Bo Sanchez’ newsletter made me realized that I need to trust God, that despite the disappointment it’s not the end of everything. God has better plans and it’s always for the best. So now, I’m looking forward to what God has in store for me and Boyet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...