Friday, January 09, 2009

A Sad Turn for I Love Betty


I enjoy watching “I love Betty “(the local version of the Columbian telenovela “Betty La Fea”) on television every weeknight on ABS CBN, with Bea Alonzo as the lead actress and John Lloyd as her leading man.

I love watching it because it’s very entertaining and never failed to make me laugh at night. Plus, despite the evil schemes of Daniella (the character played by Ms. Ruffa Gutierrez) and her cohorts, the goodness and wit of Betty always triumph in the end. And it never fails to show the importance of family and friendship.

But lately, for the past five days, I’ve stopped watching it because Betty has turned vindictive already. I know that she has been hurt and her actions were based on the bad things that happened to her and Armando (played by John Lloyd). But it made me feel sad that the motivations of her actions were base on revenge.

It seems that the story of almost all the characters have revolved around revenge. Daniella wants Eco Moda Agency (the advertising firm owned by the family of Armando) to fail out of revenge to the father of Armando who left her mother. Marcella is now going to help her sister (Daniella) brings Eco Moda down because she wants to get back at Armando for breaking up with her. And now, its Betty turn, she wants to undergo plastic surgery and then plot her revenge on Armando. Oh well, it made me really sad.

I know that when we are hurt, out of our anger we may wished that bad things will happened to the one who hurt us but to actually plot and do things to actually do harm to others is something that I cannot take. I believe that revenge is not in our hands it belongs to God. And revenge starts an endless cycle of hurting a lot of people in the process.

So much, for my guilty pleasure at night, I’ll just probably go back to watching it when the characters have learned how to forgive and believe in the goodness of others.



5 comments:

SearchingWellness said...

Hay talaga. It is sad that Filipino soaps have very thin storylines. It is a relief, though, that soaps now last for only for months, unlike in the past when it used to run for years. Yet again, the plots need to improve!

SearchingWellness said...

Hi again. You are tagged.
http://thesearchforwellness.blogspot.com/2009/01/6th-folder6th-picture-tag-from-amy.html

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

I think that is the real concept of the series. The ugly swan will turn into a princess hehehe

Grace said...

I miss Pinoy soap opera. :(
I like Bea, too.

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Oh my! I am missing a lot of things about what's happening in Pinas. We didn't get the Filipino Channel here. Maybe next time we will! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...