Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kore wa watashi no blog desu ( This is my blog )

It has been days since I got hold of my book on basic Japanese. I have been busy lately, I don’t have the time to open my book and learn something new.The last words added to my Japanese vocabulary, were the ones Boyet said to me last Sunday. They were: “Itadakimasu,” which you have to say aloud before you eat your food.This is said in homes or in restaurants or anywhere whenever food is offered by someone else.It is an expression of gratefulness. It is impolite to eat without uttering it. The next word was “Tadaima” which means,” I’m back” when you have reached your home or your place of destination. And one must answer.”Tadaima” with “Okaeri nasai” or simply “okaeri”.which means” welcome back.”

I wish my book were with me right now. I usually bring it with me so that if I’m stuck in the traffic on my way home or I have extra time during lunch breaks at work, I can browse through it or read a lesson or two on grammar. But sadly, I don’t have it with me. I left it on my desk inside my room.

I remembered that book because I saw the tag for Issa in her blog. The title of the post was “Onamae wa nan to desu ka,”which means, “What is your name?” It reminded me that I’m supposed to study my Japanese, the reason for that was written in my post entitled “My Cooking, Nihongo and my Sunday Date.”

Below was the tagged for Issa.

For the instructions, add your name on the list and simply spell out your name using the given Japanese letter- translations below. Tag six of your friends and inform them of the tag. Have fun.




TRANSLATION:A - ka -----G - ji -----M - rin -----S - ari----- Y - fuB - tu -----H - ri -----N - to ------T - chi -----Z - ziC - mi----- I - ki -----O - mo -----U - doD - te----- J - zu -----P - no ------V - ruE - ku-----K - me ----Q - ke ------W - meiF - lu-----L - ta ------R - shi ------X - na



1. OSWALD - moarimeikatate (sounds like american and states har....har...har...)
2. JUNELLE - zudotokutataku (Thank God I’m a Filipino! sounds like sadako. nyay! hehehe)
3. JACQUELINE - zukamikedokutakitoku (Ayay!! Unsaman ni perti mang taasa..wa ko kasabot nyahahaha)
4. LIRA LUZ - takishika taduzi ( sounds like a title of an anime show) it's cute!
5. Gracey - Katakamikuari (oh my, i'm glad i'm not japanese. Nothing sounds like it!
6. Vannie - Rukatotokiku (huh? ruka sounds cute!) hehehe
7. Farah - Lukashikari (hahaha! it's cute!)
8. Patricia - Nokachishikimikika (ang haba naman! ) : )
9. Jade - Zukateku (parang ang asim)9. Jade - Zukateku (parang ang asim)1
10. Issa - kiariarika (parang ang pangit pakinggan, hahaha!)

My name Joy-Anne would be Zumofu Katotoku in Japanese. Nyay! parang wrestler

Onamae wa nan to desu ka ? What is your name in Japanese, dear reader?

As to the accurateness of this letter translation, I still have to ask Boyet’s sister on this. She speaks and writes Japanese. When I saw her last week she was talking to me in Japanese already and I can’t understand anything she said. I really have to go back to my studying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...