Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Helping Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami Victims

When the 8.9 magnitude earthquake happened in Japan last Friday my immediate thought was my aunt (my mother's sister) who works in Tokyo. I immediately contacted my aunt's daughter if she has heard from her mother and sent a message to my aunt via Facebook.

The agony of waiting wasn't long because by 7:00 in the evening another cousin of mine informed me that my aunt called up her daughter to tell us her family that she's okay and I got a message reply through Facebook from my aunt the following morning.

But a sad news came for me last Monday because up to now the sister of a good friend of mine who lives in Miyagi, Japan hasn't communicated yet with the family. Miyagi prefecture is one of the areas hardest hit by the tsunami.

I was going to report her sister as one of the missing people in google's people finder but when I typed her name it was already reported as missing. I pray that she's safe with her family in Japan and we could hear from her soon.

If you want to help and make a donation to the victims in Japan you can now go over to paypal.com where you will be able to make a $25 contribution to charitable organizations helping out in the relief operations in Japan. If $25 donation is a little big for you, you can also give a $5 help to Japan.

Let us pray for the people in Japan.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...