Sunday, May 30, 2010

No More Back Pain


I used to suffer from low back pain almost on a daily basis. After a tiring day at work I can start feeling the pain on my back and all I wanted to do is to lie flat on the bed to alleviate the pain. I started panicking for a time thinking that I might be suffering from spondylolisthesis or spondylosis since both diseases have back pains for a symptom.

Spondylolisthesis is a condition wherein one of the vertebra (we have 33 bones in the spinal column and is called a vertebra) has slipped forward in relation to another which commonly occur in the lumbar area or the lower back area while spondylosis or spinal osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease cause by the wearing away of the cervical spine.

People with spondylolisthesis and spondylosis may be required to wear a cervical neck or back braces like Aspen CTO from Aspen Medical Products to support their neck and back and at the same time give relief to their pains.

I've discovered that my back pain is brought about by stress at work and poor posture. Ever since I became aware of what causes my back pain I became very mindful of my posture and try to take some breaks at work to cut down the tension at work; I realized that I don't get to have lower back pains as often as before.

Aside from observing proper posture, it is important too to exercise to strengthen the back muscles and to be on my normal weight because the extra pounds put heavy stress on the back as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...